SP 14 Questionnaire
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I like wool, alpaca, mohair, cashmere, silk.
Acrylics, cotton and weird novelty fibers and I don't get along.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a huge plastic drawer that everything has been tossed into. I could wish for the organization brownies to come and straighten things out for me, but the cats keep brownies away.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I'm self tought and have been knitting for well over 20 years. I'm somewhere between intermediate and advanced.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
No, I don't. Sorry.
5. What's your favorite scent? vanilla, lemon.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Is it sugar? Is it chocolate? Then I'll eat it!
I adore good chocolate.
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I spinn sporadically. I sew, I make wire wrapped jewelry, I cross stitch, I weave, and I scrapbook.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)I can play mp3's, and my musical taste is eclectically odd. Anything from They might be Giants, Big Country, Peter Gabriel to Brubeck, Acapella and show tunes can be found in my cd collection.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? bright jewel tones, blues, purples. Rich deep colors and corals. I'm not fond of yellows, orange and lime green.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Married to my wonderful sweetie, 1 darling 3 year old daughter and three cats.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? yes to all. Don't have a poncho though - not since the 70's - my mom made me an irish knit one out of blue/green varigated yarn
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? afghans, hats, scarves and sweaters.
13. What are you knitting right now? toddler sweater, hubby sweater and too many ufo's to count!
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? - yes, thank you!
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Circular bamboos, Brittany wood straights are my favorites.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both. Though my winder is getting rickety.
17. How old is your oldest UFO? - Um, Do I really have to answer this? Over 15 years old.
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe? Christmas and Channukah both are celebrated in our house. My favorite holiday is Channukah and Christmas because that's when I get to spoil family and friends with gifts.
19. Is there anything that you collect? I hate too much stuff. yarn, fabric, sewing machines.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? I'm not subscribed to anything. Some of the new indie dyed stuff looks great.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? not sure, I'm in a knitting rut atm.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I wish I could knit Socks. I try and then I get frustrated and I don't finish the socks. Maybe it's the 4 dpns falling out and hitting the floor, or the too loose cast on at the top I just can't knit them. *sigh* My feet are 8 and 3/4 inches long and 3 inches wide.
23. When is your birthday? April 25th
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? yes, Aviatrix18 Current Mood: chipper